Choosing a tooth replacement option that fits your needs and lifestyle may be overwhelming when given the range of solutions available at Schindler Dentistry. However, many patients choose to move forward with dental implants, a more permanent option for replacing one or more teeth within the smile.
What are dental implants?
Dr. Sharon Schindler of Columbus, Ohio is excited to offer the placement and restoration of dental implants for new and current patients. Dental implants are implant posts made of titanium that are placed during oral surgery. The implant uses the jawbone as the foundation, and when bone grows around the implant during osseointegration, it stabilizes the dental implant into the jaw. After this has been done, the implant can be restored over the top of the abutment with a dental crown, dental bridge, or a full denture. This versatility makes dental implants one of the most advantageous solutions for patients looking for permanent restoration of the smile.
Why choose dental implants?
Dental implants are a popular choice amongst adults seeking an effective replacement option for one or more missing teeth. There are a number of reasons why. Dental implants:
- Provide permanent replacement of one or several teeth
- Are versatile, anchoring crowns, bridges, or dentures in place
- Are made of titanium, a biocompatible metal used in implants throughout the body
- Ensure natural function and appearance
- Are easy to care for
- Maintain natural bone of the jaw to avoid a “sunken in” appearance often seen with denture wearers
- Are a wise investment in the future of a patient’s smile
- Are most appropriate in patients with sufficient jawbone for successful surgical placement
Ask your dentist about dental implants
Dr. Sharon Schindler and her team at Schindler Dentistry are excited to offer patients solutions that meet their needs. If you reside in the Columbus, Ohio area and are interested in learning more about dental implants, call the office at (614) 586-0609 to schedule an evaluation and consultation appointment with our front office staff. Patients can visit their dentist at 775 Yard Street, Suite #175 to find out if dental implants are a solution that may fit their unique dental needs.